FAQ for EPIN Minor Programme
What is EPIN and who are welcome to apply?
EPIN is a Minor Programme in Entrepreneurship and Innovation, open to ALL CUHK undergraduate students who are interested in entrepreneurship and innovation.
How many units are required to declare minor in EPIN?
Apart from EPIN-coded course, are there any other courses recognised by the EPIN Programme?
Some courses from Business, Engineering, Law, Social Science etc. that are useful for producing an original idea and managing a start-up company are recognised and can be used to fulfil the minor requirement. For the detailed course list, please click here.
Can I take EPIN courses without declaring EPIN as a minor?
Yes, any EPIN courses can be used to fulfil your free elective requirement.
I am new to entrepreneurship and innovation, which courses should I take first?
You may start with the 1000-level EPIN courses in “Mindset and Value” first. They introduce the basic concepts of entrepreneurship and innovation and require no pre-requisite.
For the EPIN courses that are co-listed in the General Education (GE), can I use them to fulfil both the GE requirement and EPIN minor requirement?
- No, you can only use the course to fulfil either one of the requirements.
- A UGE-coded course (e.g. UGED1796 Anatomy of an Entrepreneur) can only be used to fulfil the GE requirement; and an EPIN-coded course (e.g. EPIN1010 Anatomy of an Entrepreneur can only be used to fulfil the EPIN minor requirement/free elective requirement.
- If you have enrolled on a UGE-coded course but wish to use it to fulfil the EPIN minor requirement (instead of fulfilling the GE requirement), please contact EPIN for approval procedures.
In addition to courses, what else does EPIN offer?
Apart from taking courses, are there other programmes/activities that can be used to fulfil the requirements of “Practices”?
- Some programmes organised by EPIN (e.g. EPIN Internship Programme, study trips) are eligible for credits exemption (under Practices). For details please click here.
- Some campus-wide programmes (e.g. Alibaba Internship Programme, Global Internship Programme of OSA etc.) are also recognised by EPIN for credits exemption (under Practices). For details, please click here.
I have an internship offer with entrepreneurship components, is it possible for me to claim under EPIN syllabus?
Yes, you may send us the details of your internship and we will review it on a case-by-case basis. Also, EPIN advertises job openings from start-ups in the Science Park and Cyberport every summer. For details on EPIN Internship courses, please click here.
I have studied some relevant courses elsewhere. Can I apply for course exemption?
- Yes, you can. If you are planning to study any relevant courses or participate in any experiential experience of entrepreneurship / innovation, please contact us to see if it is eligible for credits exemption. Conditional pre-approval might be granted prior to the activity.
- For detailed application of credits exemption, please click here.
How do I declare EPIN as my minor?
- You can declare minor on CUSIS in your final year or when you have fulfilled most of the minor requirements.
- Please contact us and submit your CUHK unofficial transcript (the one can be downloaded on CUSIS) prior to your minor declaration of EPIN on CUSIS.
I still don’t know how to arrange my study plan of EPIN.
Please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss your EPIN study plan. We are more than happy to work out the study plan with you.